The summer may be over, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late to enjoy some awesome seasonal snacks. At Great Bay Home, we know that loving your home is more than just fashionable home decor, it’s also about those little moments that put a smile on your face. With these easy to make no-bake recipes, those moments have never been easier. Enjoy!
There’s no better way to welcome the season than with these delectable treats. This bright and smooth lemon cheesecake mousse is an amazing DIY snack for entertaining guests or just giving the kids something scrumptious for dessert. Best of all, you likely have most of the ingredients right at home.
Ingredients: Serves up to 6
- 1 cup lemon juice
- ½ cup lemon curd
- ⅓ cup gelatin powder
- 1 ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup butter
- ½ cup water
- Yellow food coloring (optional)
- Whisk together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and ½ cup sugar in a medium Distribute individual servings into desert cups.
- Mix water, lemon juice, and gelatin in a small bowl and let rest for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Whip heavy cream mixture and ½ cup sugar until textured. (Food coloring optional).
- Mix cream cheese until fluffy. Add lemon curd and powdered sugar to the whipped cream cheese. Blend well.
- Heat gelatin mixture and whisk to dissolve. Slowly whisk gelatin mixture and cream cheese mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Combine ¾ of whipped cream mixture into cream cheese mixture. (Tip: Use remaining whipped cream as a topper for your dessert. “Yum!”)
- Spoon mousse into dessert cups. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Garnish as desired.
If you’re enjoying this delicious snack in bed, the Bamboo Mattress Protectors from our Aleena collection are perfect for preventing spills from seeping into your favorite mattress. Now, you can enjoy your post-dinner or late-night TV binge worry-free--with a mattress protector that’s cozy, durable, and easy to wash.
Why not keep some fun pudding pops in your freezer, to excite the kids? This simple treat is just as easy to make as it sounds. With layers of smooth and tasty vanilla pudding, banana slices, and wafer crumbs--these yummy pops will have the whole family jumping for joy.
Ingredients: Serves up to 10
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 ⅓ cups of cold milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large, ripe bananas (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups of crushed wafers
- Popsicle sticks (or other)
- In a large bowl, combine vanilla pudding mix, milk, and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk until smooth. Stir until pudding has thickened.
- Place the desired amount of banana slices at the base of your serving cups. Top with pudding mixture. Add more banana slices on top and sprinkle with crushed wafers. Top with more pudding to fill the serving cup. Sprinkle with more wafers.
- Add popsicle sticks. (Optional)
- Place in freeze until solid (4+ hours)
Afraid of crumbs? Try the awesome slipcovers from our Gale Collection. These Velvet Stretch slipcovers are available for furniture of all kinds (chairs, loveseats, sofas, recliners, etc) and come in many different colors and patterns. Protect your favorite decor with amazing slipcovers that mingle contemporary style with reliable durability.
Don’t you think it’s time that you energized your snack time? If you’re looking for something on the healthier side, these caramel apple grapes are to die for. Not only can you stylize this sweet bite with a topping of your choice (caramel, nuts, cookie crumbs, coconut flakes, etc.) but they’re easy as boiling water and a great treat for any sweet tooth.
Ingredients: Serves 5+
- 1 bag grapes
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. light corn syrup
- ½ can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag crushed caramel bits (or other)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Parchment paper
- Select your desired number of grapes. Insert a single toothpick into each grape and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour caramel bits (toffee bits, cookie crumbs, wafer crumbs or other) into a large bowl or plate. Be sure bits are finely crushed or broken up. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add water and light corn syrup. Stir constantly to avoid scorching.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Working quickly, dip grapes into mixture and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle grapes with caramel bits. Let cool for 15 - 30 minutes.
Enjoying this delicious finger-food bedside? Then you’ll want to take advantage of the duvet cover sets from our Pintuck Collection. These microfiber bed covers protect from spills, crumbs, and sticky fingers while staying dreamland cozy. To make things even sweeter, they’re easy as pie to wash (so there’s no worry if the little one’s decide to have a ‘tackle mommy’ party, before naptime).
Satisfy your sweet tooth with beautiful peanut butter marshmallow squares. These easy to make, no-bake treats are the perfect addition to any midday or afternoon hunger pangs and taste delicious. Enjoy this classic recipe or replace peanut butter with your favorite alternatives like hazelnut butter, sunflower seed butter, chocolate, or Nutella!
Ingredients: Serves 4+
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 10-oz marshmallows (1 bag)
- Grease an 8”-x-8” baking pan and set aside. Over medium heat, melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a saucepan until well blended.
- Turn off heat. Stir in vanilla extract and salt. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in marshmallows and pour mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Refrigerate for two hours.
Cuddle up with a textured cotton blanket from our Aurelie Collection while you snack. This lightweight all-season cover is perfect for those chilly fall mornings and brisk winter nights. Choose from five modern colors and experience what it’s like to snack in style.
Mix up a fun recipe of puppy chow to munch on throughout your day. Add any sweet, salty, or energizing ingredients, for an afternoon snack tailored to your taste. For something a little healthier, try adding some dried fruits and vegetable chips to transform your Scooby-snack into a nutritious treat.
Ingredients: Serves 10+
- 2 ½ cups crispy rice cereal squares
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips. Once melted, add peanut butter until the mix is smooth.
- Remove from heat, add cereal, and stir until fully coated.
- Pour powdered sugar into a large paper bag or other container. Add coated cereal and shake until well coated. (Tip: Store in an airtight container.)
Afterward, kick your feet up and enjoy your puppy chow, while lounging on a gorgeous furniture protector from our Langdon Collection. These easy to install furniture protectors shake off crumbs with ease and protect your favorite home decor from stains, grease, and blotches.
For more of our wonderful linen collections, check out some of our favorites below.